There are so many great reasons to join BWI of Gainesville, FL! Membership dues are $30 for a year, or $45 for a Family Membership. We are wrapping up this year’s membership drive, ending on September 30. Already, we have added six new carriers to the Lending Libraries and have given away five prize drawings. Let’s explore some of the benefits to YOU when you commit to a year of membership.
This may be the reason that most people join our local chapter. Our expansive Lending Libraries are available at each meeting to demonstrate the various carrier types, to try on new carriers, and to take one home for a month to see what babywearing in daily life is like, or just try a new carrier for the month. With the standard membership, members are allowed to take home one carrier per month. Family memberships allow two Lending Library check outs per month. All carriers must be returned no later than the first 15 minutes of the next month’s meeting.
Did you know that as a BWI of Gainesville cardholder you are entitled to many discounts around town and on the web? Just be sure to show your card at the following locations to receive your BWI discount! For a full list of participating vendors, visit our Facebook Chatter group and look for Member Discounts in the Files section.
The Halcyon Days Photography
- 10% off any print orders; Halcyon Days will donate $25 of each full session to BWI of Gainesville, FL. Show current BWI of Gainesville, FL membership card to receive discount.
- Upgrade from a free 5×7 print with session to a free 8×10 print; complimentary $10 print credit per session; 10% of session fee donated to BWI of Gainesville, FL; all benefits reusable; must show current BWI of Gainesville, FL membership card to receive discount
Harvest Thyme Cafe
- 4780 NW 39th Ave, Gainesville, FL32606
- (352) 519-5344
- 2 W University Ave, Gainesville, FL32601
- (352) 384-9497
- Free drink; must show current BWI of Gainesville, FL membership card to receive discount
- 12% off orders of $5 or more with coupon code “FLORIDABWI2015,” reusable; must provide a photo of current BWI of Gainesville, FL membership card to receive discount
Not only do you have the support of our trained VBEs on babywearing safety, but you also enter into a community of caregivers who are here to support one another in this journey raising little ones. Many friendships have been formed over carrier discussions and wrapping techniques. With monthly meetings and regular family fun nights, there is plenty of opportunity to meet online friends in person and mix and mingle to deepen relationships, share parenting woes, and celebrate milestones together.
By joining BWI of Gainesville you are also supporting a non-profit organization committed to education and outreach in our community. You can feel good knowing that your low annual fee is supporting our local community.
To enjoy all these benefits and more, be sure to sign up or renew your membership today!